23 September 2010

What's In Your Makeup Bag - kalanicut


It's my turn to be a part of the friday feature What's In Your Makeup Bag.  My makeup philosophy has changed a lot over the years. In my early 20s I was a complete snob for expensive department store brands. Over the years, I wised up.

I have done my research and experimented to find drugstore brands that work great for me and mix them with a couple department store brands I am especially committed to. I tend to spend more on my hair products and services so saving on the makeup helps with that budget.

Here's the lowdown on what I'm carrying these days.

1. Makeup Bag is from my former line of handbags and accessories. Love the silver and the vertical height.
2. Sonia Kashuk makeup brush set and eyelash curler are from Target.
3. Large brushes. I have no idea where I got the black ones anymore. The clear handled brushes are from Clinique.
4. L'Oreal RevitaLife Night Moisturizer.(blue jar) I don't like sunscreen in moisturizer so I buy the night cream versions of my favorites moisturizers.
5. bareVitamins Prime Time Foundation Primer (off white bottle). Experimenting this this hand-me-down from my mom.
6. LA Colors Eyeshadow Palette. I don't always wear eye shadow, so I bought this at the dollar store and am experimenting.
7. Almay Bright Eyes Base and Concealer.
8. Almay Bright Eyes Highlighter & Liner duo. I love the bright eyes highlighter. My recipe for tired eyes is a few drops of Clear Eyes Redness Relief and this highlighter. It perks the eyes right up!
9. Rimmel Eye Magnifier Eye Opening Waterproof Macara in black. (black & blue tube)
10. CoverGirl LashExact Mascara in brown.
11. Blushes: 3 Powder Blushes by CoverGirl and Almay Smart Shade Blush cream in the tube.
12. Lip Colors: Mary Kay Whipped Berry lipstick (black tube) & Lancome Color Fever Gloss in Heatstroke shade.

I just realized that somehow I missed the MVP of my makeup bag! Bronzer! Right now I'm using bareMinerals Warmth. For many years I've been a big fan of Maybelline Blush Bronzer in salsa sun shade. I love how much bang I get for my buck for bronzer. It brightens up your face, gives you a hint of a tan and warms you right up, even on your most tired day.

This has been such a fun series. Love seeing what everyone uses to FOXIFY themselves. Share with us what you're carrying in your make up bag. Take a photo, write up a quick description and email it to me at kalanicut@hotmail.com. Can't wait to hear from you!

Later today I'll share a new DIY project I did last week that saved me about $80 and brought life back to a shabby wood bowl.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...