04 October 2010

BYW Student Art Week - Glorious Katherine Quinn Art

 

Happy Monday, Dear Readers. I think of you often and hope you are well, that you are at peace and feeling blessed.

Friday was the last day of our formal Blogging Your Way classwork with Holly and Leslie and it is sad to see our training period end. The next four weeks will be spent in student forums supporting each other as we continue to implement things we have learned. It has been an amazing experience and while I am quite exhausted due to all the added busy-ness, I have many, many things that I want to implement to improve your experience here on kalanicut.

One of the best rewards from this class has been meeting new blogger friends from all over the world. It's been fun to look at the kalanicut visitor map and see markers from countries all over the world. I have also had a great time visiting new blogs and seeing inspiring work from classmates in many lands.


I am  to excited to dedicate this week to the art and work of fellow BYW classmates. I am deeply pleased to be able to share with you today the artwork of BYW classmate, Katherine Quinn from Napier, New Zealand. I was taken by her art instantly, particularly the piece with the darling girl with the aviator glasses and propeller on her head and globe hanging at the side. I melted!

I showed The Man and he was quite taken with these lovely girls too. He said, "Buy something, buy something." I'm planning on that, my problem is I just can't make up my mind.


It absolutely shines out in her work that Katherine is a kind, thoughtful soul. Her blog, Sleep and Her Sisters, is generous, warm and friendly - and covered with her charming art. You can purchase her art in her Etsy shop, Stop by and spend a few minutes with Katherine and her lovely girls! I promise you you'll be overtaken with a sense of happiness, peace and calm. Just what you need on a Monday!

Tomorrow I will share the most amazing jewelry. Again I gathered the clan to admire it when I first saw it. We sat together and looked through every page of the Etsy shop. If you want to hang on to the spirit of summer you may want to be wearing one of these as the days continue to get colder in the north.

all photography from Sleep and Her Sisters.

5 comments:

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

What a great idea. I felt genuine sadness, too, to have the class end. We are moving in a few weeks (from Seattle to Chicago), so I am afraid I won't get to be in the forum much and am sad for that.

Your blog is so lovely and I am glad that I met you through class. Let's keep in touch.

Fondly,
Glenda

STYLIZIMO said...

I totally agree, her work is amazing! Very different from everything else.
Thank you for sharing.

Wish you a great start of the week!

xNina

Angela said...

Love it, now which one will you choose:) Looking forward to your updates this week.
Cheers,
Angela

Sally said...

I like the overall look of the blog and the grey. The color scheme is quite nice.

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

That is really beautiful work! You can almost feel the peace of the NZ countryside.

I hope you enjoyed the course, I did. I feel like it's still going to take me a while to absorb it all though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...