When you're planning three healthy meals a day, day after day after day, it can become a real challenge to stay interesting and interested in the process. Sometimes I get too busy or just get in a rut of the same old meals week after week.
When I need a little creative cooking inspiration here are a four sites that immediately give me great new ideas and recipes that I actually feel I have the ingredients and abilities to pull together.
1. realsimple.com -- In each issue of the magazine and on the web site there are great quick meals to upstyle your dinner table. I have been collecting their recipes for years.
2. foodnetwork.com -- This is the first place I go if I want to find a good basic meat recipe or have something very specific in mind. I often merge a couple of different recipes to get the recipe just the way I want it, but it's a great all-purpose online cookbook covering a huge range of recipes and cooking styles. Food Network also has recipes for some favorite recipes seen on Food Network shows - My favorite is
3. thepioneerwoman.com -- The pioneer woman can cook. I'm crazy about her Mini-meatball Sandwiches, in fact I had one for dinner last night. I make the recipe, have it for dinner then freeze two containers for two more dinners and still have enough for a lunch or two after that. I also heard today that her Chicken Noodle Soup is pretty fantastic. I'm trying that next.
4. TastyKitchen -- This is another great collection of great recipes contributed by readers who are great cooks. This is a good place to go to find a great basic recipes with fun twists. I love looking through the different food categories on this site.
5. Talkin'ChowPlayin'House -- I love this site for great food inspirations for the family. I often find great ideas here that I can't wait to try. They have a great selection of healthy soups, salads, main dishes and lots of mouth-watering baked goods.
The next time you're pressed for time and short on ideas, check out one of these sites for new ideas for your dinner table. They are a great resource if you want to start planning weekly menus or need something special for a family dinner or special event. Have a great weekend!
photo from FoodNetwork.com