18 November 2010

The Holiday Calendar of Events


The holidays will be here in two shakes and they'll be over in three. After such a busy, busy, eventful year I really want to make sure that this holiday season is a restful one, spent with nearest and dearest friends and family. At the same time it's so easy to get so busy that the entire season passes by and miss out on making the most of it.

So this year I'm taking action to everything I can to make the most of the season. Here's what I'm doing:

1) Getting all the work done early -- gifts bought, cards made, travel arranged. I've started but still have a lot to do. Goal is to be done by end of November. I am getting the house in good shape so that I can decorate just before or after Thanksgiving.

2) Researching local events  -- I started making a list of all the really memorable, fun things going on around town this season. I am also researching events going on while we're visiting family out of state.

3) Making a calendar of our plans -- I printed out a blank calendar for November and December and I'm filling it out and keeping in on the fridge. Hoping to see the lighted boat parades in Newport and San Diego. Will try to catch the tree lighting ceremony in our neighborhood. A couple simple dinners with friends. I want to keep it simple.

4) Relaxing and having some fun! -- My biggest goal is to make sure that my little clan  and I have a beautiful, sweet, relaxing season to celebrate the observance of a religious holiday that is very important to our families and the closing of one year and the beautiful beginning of another. Don't want to get to anxious about anything, just keeping it simple and happy.

photo from Country Living by Susan Gentry McWhinney

1 comment:

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

I did a bunch of work on my house and project, had coffee with Dave today to look at calendars ... now I am ready to think about the holidays.

Fondly,
Glenda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...