16 December 2010

Christmas Sugar Cookie Tradition


As part of the daily December Christmas celebrations, we made sugar cookies this week. I made the dough the night before, refrigerated it overnight and was ready to roll out the dough the next morning. I realized that splitting up the process a little bit over the course of two or three days helps me to do a better quality job at every process and not take shortcuts that affect the outcome and quality of the cookies.

I mainly made these to do something fun and festive with The Little Bug, so I really had to let go of my perfectionist tendencies and just make it fun, rather than be fussy about the details. If I had done these on my own, I would've done multiple colors of frosting, etc. etc. but I am learning that the best way to keep my sanity is to keep things simple.

I also learned I'm not that patient when baking with kids, but she was so complementary telling me I was the best cookie maker in the entire world, that I am very talented and that she was having the best time ever. So steeled with greater commitment to being more patient, it was a great experience.

One last day to enter the Pollen Jewelry giveaway - and you still have time to enjoy 15% off your entire purchase at the Pollen Jewelry Etsy store. Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...