07 December 2010

Upcycled Gift Wrapping


Here's a quick idea for your holiday gift wrapping. I always hang onto any high quality handled shopping bags I receive. When I have small kraft paper bags where the logo is small enough I create little cards or art to glue on the side to cover the store log and use them as gift bags.

A couple of days ago I was experimenting with a new Martha Stewart snowflake punch and  the Essential Glitter Set I bought last year. I created these snowflakes thinking I would use them for something, then glued them onto circles I'd punched in a variety of colors for a project last week.

When I sat down to wrap a birthday present for our friend Baby Kate, these were sitting on the table and seemed like the perfect way to jazz up her gift. I glued a few all over the front of the bag in varying color  combinations.


Then cut a couple of rectangles out of corresponding paper to make a card and glued my last snowflake round to the bottom, punched a hole, added reinforcement labels around the hole and a matching ribbon from my Martha Stewart ribbon organizer - one of the best gifts I've ever received. Then wrote a little note in silver pen.

I wrapped up our gift in cellophane, tied that with a matching ribbon with the cellophane ends long enough to add a festive flair at the top of the bag. And within minutes I had a pretty little gift to take along with us to a fun afternoon party with our dear friends.


There are so many little ways to make holiday gifts shine without a lot of expense or work. Simple tools in the gift wrap box and a nice variety of papers and ribbons give you lots of options to quickly put together something special for everyone on your list. 

I am so enjoying this holiday season. Looking forward to sharing more holiday projects with you soon. Happy Tuesday. Hope you enjoy doing something special for the holidays for a few minutes today.

2 comments:

Ingrid @ Fable of the Table said...

What a great idea - I like the idea of upcycling bags that are too nice to throw away - and the snowflake cut out is great as it can be added randomly across the bag.
Thanks for dropping by - really enjoying reading your blog now.
I x

Minnie said...

These bags look very festive and pretty. I have a couple of the Martha Stewart punches and now have new ideas on what to do with them! I especially like that this can be done for any occasion, not just Christmas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...