21 February 2011

The Bug's Get Well Card


Happy President's Day. Hope you're having a fantastic weekend. I had to share this card and story with you. I had to verify it to make sure it was true because it was a little bit unbelievable.

The second day I was in the hospital, The Man took The Little Bug to the store to buy some flowers and a card to bring to me when they visited the hospital. He said, "We should get a card..." as they entered the card section. She, who cannot read, immediately walked over and picked up the above card and told her dad, "We should get this one." Her Dad is still stunned, weeks later. I had to ask him to tell me the details again because I thought I must've heard them wrong.

There was no way for her to know this was a get well card and the sentiments were so charming I fell in love immediately with this sweet card. Her art on the inside just took it to a whole 'nother level of complete love.


Thanks American Greetings for making such a charming card. And thanks Little Bug for the magic that is you. And for the record, I am trying to live by the wisdom of this card.

photos by kalanicut

3 comments:

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

So sorry to hear that you've been so sick Kali...but from that...a little miracle with a big message! Have to tell you...I got the chills from reading this post K...thank you so much for sharing the story.
Love,
Tracey
x0x

P.S. Hope you are feeling MUCH better now...you have my complete empathy...I'm just now getting back to full stride after my own illness a few months ago. x0x

Kelly said...

What a sweet story! Love the artwork - this one will end up in Mommy's treasure box for sure. :-)

Michelle Donald said...

What a beautiful story!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...