24 May 2012

Clearing The Mind, Filling The Soul


Last night late I had the chance to take a walk along San Diego Bay and enjoy this beautiful view. It became a precious few minutes to let the stiff sea breeze clear my mind, quiet my soul, to enjoy the view and to ponder and pray for a few minutes. It was lovely and such a beautiful way to end my birthday.

You can see more beautiful photos like this one at San Diego Photos CA. There are many beautiful angles and views of one of my very favorite places in the world. I always loved San Diego, but I never knew that it would come to hold such a special place in my heart and be a home to my little clan.

Another highlight of the day was figuring out my best hamburger concoction at Five Guys after some experimentation, I didn't eat hamburger for most of my 20s and 30s. So learning to enjoy a pink steak and a good burger are fairly recent discoveries for me. My personal best recipe is grilled mushrooms, bacon, cheese, fresh rather than grilled onions and barbecue sauce. That combination felt quite perfect last night over a mountain of french fries shared with The Man and a crisp root beer.

The best part of my day was getting calls & notes from dear friends and family. One dear woman from my church called. I was so touched that she went out of her way to leave such a sweet message on my phone. She reminded me again how much she had appreciated something I did for her years ago and how much it meant to her. It touched me that she still remembers and so sweetly reminds me of that. It also reminded me of people who've done small, seemingly insignificant things for me, that to me were gigantic, amazing things that helped me so much and were so perfectly time for what I needed.

I am inspired that you never know what a little kindness to another will mean to them. Things that seem like a small act may carve your sweet name into the heart of another for life and beyond. I am also inspired to make sure and always let people know what their kindness has meant to me.

And so, as a good birthday should feel, I felt refreshed of soul, loved and inspired. A beautiful way to go into a new year. Thank you dear ones who have been so kind and loving to me. You are so appreciated.

Thought I'd share a few links about love and kindness. Those things always feel good.
Sharing The Love
Love Letters
Handle With Love
It Must Be Friend Week
Good Friends & Friendship
Gracious Gladness

Wishing you a very perfect Thursday. I am itching to get back home and start working on a few new projects. And I will be able to share the project I told you about yesterday shortly too. I'm feeling a serious need to refresh the homefront. Ready to really shake things up. Changes may be in store.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...