14 May 2012

Cool DIY Stacking Bracelets

Good Monday morning to ya! Hope you had a great weekend. I'm getting back in the groove after a very last minute few days away. I'll share more about that later this week. For the past couple of weeks I've been a bit obsessed with stacking bracelets. I blogged about it last week with links to some of my favorite looks and great DIYs here. At the same time I pulled out my jewelry making supplies and started fiddling around a bit and made a few new bracelets for myself.

Here are a few that I've made over the past few months. I'm especially enjoying making wrap bracelets that are almost the size of a necklace and wrap around the wrist at least three times. I'm definitely set to make more of those. I like to keep those quite simple, made of leather cord with a charm on it or seed beads with a few color variations.

Next I pulled out all the bracelets I had and started playing with combinations of different colors, textures and materials. I created a stack with leather and silver as the base, pairing up silver bracelets from Mexico with wood and ceramic beads, leather and a charm.

I played around with wood beads and baubles for an even more natural, but beachy, tropical look for more playful days.

Then I added more, silver and bright pony beads. It's fun to see what you can put together from very low end, inexpensive pony beads to very high end pieces you see stacked together in magazines. But it doesn't have to be expensive to get the stacked look to feel stylish and on trend.

For a more grown up, classic look I paired a turquoise three-wrap bracelet with several bright silver bracelets. Perfect for a night out after a day at the beach. This would look stunning against a good tan, right? (Not that any of us like a tan, because, that's bad for us, we know. haa-haa.) This stack would pair beautifully with a simple black dress or bright white summer linens.

How about you? Are you stacking? Making your own? Share a link to a photo of your stacks. Tell us what you think about the stacking trend in the comments below. I'd love to hear how other people are living this fun, summer trend.

P.S. You can check out my jewelry board on Pinterest here. It is full of some amazing stacked bracelet pins.

all images by kalanicut

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...