16 May 2012

Have You Had An Amazing Lunch Lately?

Every once in a while, and often on my birthday, I make a serious attempt to have a really amazing lunch experience. To sit in a place with stunning views with charming people I enjoy and food that puts a smile on my face.

A thoughtful, intentioned lunch takes eating lunch from the duldrums of downing a sandwich at your desk or while milling around the kitchen as you multi-task to a much higher plane. In many countries a meal is art and no matter how simple or complicated, partakers are expected to sit, relax, savor and appreciate. Most people are not so great at this anymore. I'm glad there are people out there to remind us, to remind me.


I recently had lunch at a restaurant on this lovely beach overlooking a beautiful island and water in hues of blues to astound the eye. Chips and salsa were the first item on the menu. We were all pretty courageous salsa fans, but the salsa was so hot that we all had a fiery pepper experience like we'd never experienced. Choking, coughing and crying ensued. Looking more closely at the salsa I realized it was full of blazing hot pepper seeds. Thanks to our host, in short order we had a large bowl of mild salsa fresca brought to our table and the "salsa from hell" was moved to the far side of the table.


Sitting looking at the view, listening to the lapping waves and watching dozens of small fish leaping together out of the water, I was reminded again of the elevated joy of a happy, thoughtful, beautiful, delicious lunch. Taking the time, reminds me of all the good things of life: nature, good company, healthy foods, the ability to taste and enjoy food, eyes to see, ears to hear, loving friends and family, and so much more. I am determined to make this enjoying lunch stuff a more deliberate practice in my life!

Do you have a favorite lunch ritual or spot to enjoy an elevated lunch? Have you taken the opportunity for such a lunch lately? I hope well all get an chance to enjoy lunch in an fantastic way soon!

images via kalanicut

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...