04 May 2012

The Value Of Staying Close To Good Friends


Yesterday was a delightful day. I was up early and at about breakfast time I got a call from a most charming friend who used to live in my apartment building and moved a couple states away two years ago. Just seeing her name on my phone display puts a big smile on my face. It's like she never left when we talk on the phone. She is as constant, loving and warm as if she came to my front door. What a lovely way to start the day.

It was easy to get work done throughout the day, including a massive amount of laundry when I knew I would get to see another dear friend for dinner last night. The amazing and inspiring EverKelly was in town and I was so blessed that she was so gracious to take some time out of a very tight and busy schedule to get together for a while. We met in the lovely setting seen above and enjoyed wonderful sandwiches & handmade chips at twilight with all the beautiful surrounding buildings and near full moon.

I've been thinking a lot about how important it is to stay close to good, supportive, kind friends. They have an amazing way of being there just when you need them and saying just the right thing at the right time. They are wonderful to laugh with, comforting to cry with and easy to feel relaxed and at home with. They help your racing heart slow down, your rapid breathing give way to calm. They make you want to grow and be your best self. And they inspire you to be a good, supportive and kind friend.

One of the things I want to focus on this year is being a good friend. So I'm curious and would love your thoughts. What do you consider the best traits of a good friend?

image by kalanicut


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...