05 June 2012

Encouragement - Looking Back Downhill

image via

I have been working on some new projects and an update to the design of kalanicut. I've been working long hours and today I had a couple of interactions with people that were small "wow" moments for me. It made me stop and think back on the path I've been on the past couple of years.

As I see these new projects taking off much more quickly than this blog did back in the day, I realize that I have learned a lot and gained a lot of skills. I can do a lot more and help things happen much faster than I did just a couple of years ago.

I felt very grateful for the good people who have taught me a lot and the good friends I've made since I started this blog back in the fall of 2009. I was planning this blog out in my head for a full two years before that, just hoping to get the energy and time to get it started. During that time, I had the opportunity to learn from a lot of bloggers and social media whizzes and brought everything I learned during that time to my blog when I finally had the bold realization that it was time.

While I still have lots to learn, now I am taking all I have learned here and putting it towards even more meaningful projects which gets me really excited. I love those stop and look moments where you have a chance to just sit for a few minutes and count your blessings and be grateful for what you've gained from your many hours of toil and labor and the help of good, patient, sharing people. It's exciting to see what I've gained and imagine that in another two or four years I'll know and be able to do so much more. That gives me a lot of comfort in the journey.

What "wow" moments have you had lately and what did they help you be grateful for?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...