19 June 2012

Making Jewelry and Clothing From Old Tee Shirts

image via Ohzie on Etsy

I always feel bad when I have clothing that has truly worn out and is not even thrift store donation worthy. Sometimes I hang onto them if I like the fabric, thinking I'll come up with a way to use the fabric for something else.

Recently I've had some tee shirts and yoga pants that have given up the ghost and are not repairable. But a good portion of the fabric is still good. So I decided to look for projects I could make using knit fabrics.
  • I love this collection of tutorials using the humble tee shirt by Epherielle Designs. You'll find tee shirt scarves and necklaces in many different colors and styles.
  • You can make your own yarn out of an old tee shirt. Here's a tutorial from Craft Passion.
  • This post from Hide Your Arms has a large collection of old tee shirt projects too.
  • For even more ideas, check this link from Google Images.
  • If you don't have time or energy to make something you can also find lots of great tee shirt creations for purchase on Etsy. Like this beautiful necklace made by Ohzie seen above.
There are tons more sites that have ideas for old tee shirts. Check Pinterest for more ideas. Now there's no reason for me to have worn out knits folded in my closet anymore. Next week I'll have to look at my stack of old knits and see what I can source and create.

Maybe something here will inspire you to make some fun things with your old tees and workout gear. If you make something I'd love to see it! Do you have a favorite old tee shirt DIY? 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...