07 August 2012

Family Fun and Fall Fashion


Hello my dear friends. It's been so long. I'm sorry for my unexpected absence. I was getting the itch last night, so ready to come back to spend some time with you. I could feel that I had not been getting my writing time in and not inspiring my own mind.

My wonderful sisters came to spend the week and it's been marvelous and nonstop. My sisters came to surprise my mom for her birthday. When we walked in the door my mom was sitting with her back to us and she said hello, but just didn't even act like anything unusual was happening. It was as if she was at our family home and we'd all just burst in the door full of noise and activity like we always have. She looked back over her shoulder, then a few seconds passed, then she turned around and it was clear it finally registered with her what was happening. It was so cute and so special. I will never forget the look on her face when it clicked.

Another highlight of the sisters' visit was my prolonged lack of sleep due to starting up a few episodes of Downton Abbey when things finally quieted down sometime after midnight every night. I am the last woman in America to see it, haa-haa. Needless to say I blew through Season 1 and Season 2 in about 6 days. Lovely.

Today on my way home from dropping my last visitor off at the airport I decided to a little therapy shopping (haa-haa) to get myself over the hump of missing the sisters so very much. I picked up these lovely Ugg Kaylee Clogs for more than half price. It's no secret I am a clog girl, have been since I was tiny. Clogs with a braid across the front are a particular favorite. I thought these would be so pretty with pants for fall or with a skirt, sweater and cute fall patterned tights come the colder days. With brown and black both incorporated here I'll also have the flexibility to wear them with a wide variety of color and outfit combos.

You might remember I have been on a quest to broaden my shoe selection from mostly sandals and boots to some shoes that I can wear in colder weather and on trips. These fit in nicely. I am also trying to wear heels more. I used to wear heels every day, not the pointy feet destroying kind but easy to walk in platforms with good support. I've missed that and feel much more myself in heels now and again.

You can see some of my other favorite clogs at these links:
Cape Clogs
Sanita Clogs
Sundance Clogs
Cape Clogs Kids
Swedish HasBeens

So that's what I've been up to. How have you been? Do tell!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...