01 March 2013

My Favorite Healthy Lunch: Burger In A Bowl

image via

I mentioned my new favorite lunch recently and someone asked what a Burger In A Bowl was. So I thought I'd do a quick post on how I whip mine up. Burger In A Bowl is a pretty simple deal, it's a delish hamburger on top of a bed of greens.

Burger:  I mix the first three ingredient well in a bowl, form a patty then add the pepper to both sides before cooking. I add the salt just before serving.

Lowfat ground beef
Minced onion
Minced garlic
Freshly groud pepper
Salt

Greens: Fill up a bowl with the good stuff. I use romaine or spinach, but any green or mixed greens work.

Extras: I like to chop up the burger and add a tablespoon of barbecue sauce or throw some cranberries in with the greens to top it off.

I usually cook up two or three burgers then warm them up for lunch or dinner a few times a week. It's a quick fix when all you need to do is heat up the burger and throw some washed greens in a bowl.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...